Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 C11/Hyperstar/QHY 8

darditti

I had thought the image scale given by the C-11 Hyperstar at 559mm inches FL might be too short for this subject, but in fact the image shows good detail, and also shows the 12th magnitude spiral galaxy NGC 6207, to the upper left of M13, plus the 15th magnitude spiral galaxy IC 4607 about midway between NGC 6207 and M13.

There was some moonlight during the capture on two nights July 04 and July 10 which has affected the background slightly. 24x2 minute exposures were taken with 6 dark frames, 20 flat frames and 20 flat dark frames.

Here are the full-frame image (50% original size), and one cropped to include the cluster and galaxies (full size). I have taken the background down further in the full frame image; the cropped image shows the galaxies better.

David

M13-09-07-04SkyglwHyp2minLRcapt.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

M13-09-07-04SkyglwHyp2mincropMRcapt.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Well done on picking up both those faint fuzzies, the image is extra special when those two galaxies are visible imho :) Background looks great to me, regardless of the Moon. Brilliant detail and the image is crisp too. Nice one :)

Archived