Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding guru's please apply - Autoguiding help

Paul,

Looking at the individual sub, you've eliminated the tilt in the system, and you are showing only very slight curvature (which is acceptable).

The stacked picture shows a very slight tilt and a similar level of curvature. Not sure why this should be, one possibility that comes to mind is a slight elongation of the stars due to rotation, how accurate do you get your polar alignment - although guiding will accurately track a star, you will still get rotation effects if the polar alignment is slightly off.

Looking at the numbers though we are only talking very slightly out if indeed this is the case, it's more a question of me thinking out loud.

Hope this helps, someone else may be able to shed light on the difference.

First two picks are for the individual sub, second is for the stacked version.

Steve..

post-13953-133877391794_thumb.jpg

post-13953-133877391799_thumb.jpg

post-13953-133877391805_thumb.jpg

post-13953-133877391813_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Steve,

Fantastic, thank you very much for your help.

How do I get down to 2.00 for the FWHM?

I only polar align using the polar scope, I must get into drift alignment but with the sparse clear nights lately I have just been keen to set up quickly and try the guiding etc...

Did you have any thoughts on the other questions I was asking?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Neil,

When I first got the bug for more serious A.P. I decided from the offset I would buy secondhand equipment for a couple of reasons. One was from my experience with exercise equipment, the amount of money I have spent on new items only for the stuff to end up being clothes racks etc..

And secondly I could get quite a good initial setup for the small budget I had.

I picked up the EQ6 on UK astronomy buy and sell and I think the guy wanted £350 plus delivery. After a bit of haggling and also some homework into delivery companies, I managed to get it for £320 deliverd.

Have you got any ideas on working out optimal exposure times for a F9 scopes on various targets?

If I took say 20hrs of Bodes galaxy what would the picture be like?

Kind regards,

Paul

Have you got any ideas on working out optimal exposure times for a F9 scopes on various targets?

If I took say 20hrs of Bodes galaxy what would the picture be like?

Now there's a toughie! Personally, I spend as much time as I'm prepared to spend on a target until you're happy with the result.

Tony..

Archived