Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD Comander

Robfal

Has anyone used this software. It's very similar to ACP but much cheaper ($99). Does anyone know if it works with CDC or EQmod? I've got used to both of them and they seem to work really well and never give me any trouble so won't want to change either of them (and spend yet more money)

Rob

I use CCDC regularly, and once I can get my Maxim guiding issues sorted (my issues, not a CCDC issue!), it will be my primary program to run everything.

No issues with whatever ASCOM controlled mount you want to attach, and as EQMOD allows multiple applications to connect at the same time, it works fine with all of them connecting (I have had CCDC, Maxim, PHD, PoleAlignMax, SNPPP6 and TheSky6 all connected at the same time!).

CCDC has a 45 day trial, ideal for UK weather patterns :) so go install it and have a play.

Does this use the same drivers as Maxim? My QHY8Pro has Maxim drivers only at the moment - there's a beta ASCOM, but I can't get it to work for me with Astroart or Nebulosity. It would be much cheaper than buying Maxim!

Thanks

Helen

Looking at the website, it looks excellent. Would I need to use 'The sky@ though. I would also need to sort out an automatic filter wheel. May give it a try

Helen, I don't think CCDC replaces Maxim but works in conjunction

Rob

Archived