Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philips 840K help with capturing.

Hi everyone,

I'm off for a week away next weekend and I still haven't been able to capture a decent image using the Philips 840K webcam with my skywatcher 130 on the CG5.

I've been using wxAstro Capture version 1.5-1 as it has a larger screen to see the image but I just can seam to set the exposure correctly. I could really do with some advise on the ideal settings to help me capture some good images next week whilst I'm away.

I was hoping to capture Jupiter and saturn and even the moon.

Philips provide a software program called Philips V lounge but I haven't really used it.

Can someone please help me with the settings for either the wxAstro or Vlounge programs.

Thanks

Neil

:) Hi,

I am sure someone who knows what they are talking about (lol) will come along soon and help you, but I used MartinB's Primer: "Planetary imaging with a toucam" to help me get to know VLounge. It was really helpful with a bit of trial and error!

Here it is: http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/40665-primer-planetary-imaging-toucam.html

Good luck!

Liz

I've read the tutorial and it appears very helpfull.

I'm trying to download the K3CCDtools version 1 as its free but I keep getting a message saying unable to download the file is either zipped or corrupted.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Neil

:) Hi,

I'm trying to download the K3CCDtools version 1 as its free but I keep getting a message saying unable to download the file is either zipped or corrupted.

I kept getting error messages, so I emailed Peter Katreniak who was really helpful. (I hadn't fully downloaded it somehow.) It sounds as though Beamer's solution should work though.

In the end, though, I went back to using VLounge as I had learnt what I was doing and couldn't cope with anything else new!

It does get easier and it's amazing what you can achieve with the humble webcam - the other day I was tidying up my folders deleting lots which hadn't worked and found a very dark mpeg I didn't remember taking.

I put it through Registax while I got on with something else - imagine my surprise when I found myself looking at Juipter and 3 of his moons!

Liz

Archived