SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hubble Bubble- toil & trouble

Tim

I've been trying out some new filters and wheel and camera just lately, hence the lack of pics posted. Last night was my first chance to properly use the filter wheel, and I really want to do some work in the Hubble palette.

Or at least it would have been my first 'proper' use if I hadn't assigned the wrong filter colour/type to the settings. So I wasted most of the night grabbing 1200 second RED filter subs, which the sky just wasnt dark enough for. :)

By the time I realised there was only time for 1 x 20 min each of S2 and O3 to add to my Ha data. The result is rubbish and noisy, but I thought I'd post it before I forget how...

GSO with SXV-H9 and baader NB filters.

post-14037-133877382737_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jamie. The final image should be a lot smoother and detailed, if the clouds ever disappear. Considering the costs involved in kit for this image, its definitely rubbish and noisy :) I need to add about 5 hours each of OIII and SII data to properly complement the Ha data I have.

Nice to see an errant one now and again TJ. You'll fix it OK, and go on to master the NB processing, just as quickly as you did the LRGB.

Anyway, who the hell says what colours DSO' have to be.

Titian got away with some gory stuff.:)

Ron.:)

Archived