NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do I put it all together?

What the shortest lenght that the focuser goes down to... I did look at this before... your going to be using the main focuser and moving the mirror for the coarse focus lock the mirror off and just tweak it in using the WO one... if the WO will go down to around 55mm then it might work...

Unless you have other plans...

Sorry Pete, the distance from the reducer to the CCD chip should be 110mm. If you allow the 55mm for the DSLR body and T ring, then the T ring on the DSLR should be 55mm behind the reducer.

Hmmm may be that was what you were trying to say?????

OK I managed to get it all to focus by the following combination

SCT > Focuser > Reducer > SCTto2"Adapter > MaxDSLR > DSLR

When I remove the reducer I need to turn the focuser on the scope about 6 turns clockwise.

Very happy now I have everything setup, only minor worry is the vibration. It takes about 6 or so seconds to settle down after a ding - guess I will need to wait till I am imaging so see how it all goes. Just hope the combination of 8" SCT and ZS66 is not too much for the HEQ5. In saying that I had it on the tripod rather than the mount (to get some height so I could focus on a distant pylon) and never had the leg brace in place.....

Archived