NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mirror lock for LX10

Does anybody know of a UK supplier of a mirror lock for the LX10? I have see a couple of US suppliers but would rather buy from the UK as the postage seems more than the actual cost of the device!

I don't know if it is similar but I bought one for my LX200 from Astro Engineering. It seems to do the job just fine. Cost about £18 but be warned, I bought it from Scopes 'n Skies or whatever they call themselves and had the usual run around and broken promises.

Dennis

Is this the same as the LX90, where it fits through a hole beside the focus knob, and locates and threads into the mirror cell?

If so, I just made my own with a length of 1/4" Whitworth threaded rod and nuts. Fitted a Crayford hoping to banish mirror flop.

Be careful though, it needs to be screwed in only a couple of turns.

Although I think the LX200 one is a bit more sophisticated than a threaded bolt.:)

Ron.:headbang:

Archived