Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula in HaOIIIOIII

GordonH

Hi All

I previously (yesterday) posted a Ha image of this subject and was intending to add some OIII data to it, well the sky cleared after a rain shower last night so I go set up and managed to get 20x10 minutes for OIII, using the Takahshi BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H9 as before and guided with the M8C. The seeing was very poor and it never got as dark as the night before so tere is not as much detail and sharpness as I was hoping but I am pleased with the result especially as the bluish halo associated with this subject is clearly evident. You can compare it with the HA version on my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page in the Nebulae 2 section of the image gallery. Again no callibration with darks, flats or bias frames was used

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877379521_thumb.jpg

Nicely captured Gordon.

As Tim says, good to see the OIII halo, which you've caught well.

I have yet to add more data to my version of this, so it's interesting to see how much you've managed to capture with a 10 inch scope and 10 minute subs. Are your OIII subs full resolution, or did you bin them?

Cheers

Rob

Nicely captured Gordon.

As Tim says, good to see the OIII halo, which you've caught well.

I have yet to add more data to my version of this, so it's interesting to see how much you've managed to capture with a 10 inch scope and 10 minute subs. Are your OIII subs full resolution, or did you bin them?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

The subs are all full resolution with 1x1 binning, I have had a slight tweak of this image where I have done a little DDP to enhance the detail and also toned the red down a bit which has helped reduce the pinkness in the star halos

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877379934_thumb.jpg

Archived