NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ED80 "collar" on the focuser

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, there's a seperate ring which you tighten the "collar" or visual back against to hold it firm. And yes, there's no way I'd sell my Mercury Systems adapter - it's simply too useful. I sold one once and regreted it when I got the next 'scope! Thankfully I replaced it and that little bit of plastic and copper will never leave me again.

It would be great if these do start being produced in the UK by somebody in the future. Very handy things and a great improvement over the standard items.

Reply back from Jim at Scopestuff: Claims this adapter will not fit my Celestron 80ED. Not to worry. So is the thread on the draw tube an SCT thread?. That could be interesting if it is?.

No - it's a Synta thread, one they made up all by themselves. SCT is a gnat's under 2"... you're going to need something made specifically for it unfortunately.

Arthur

PS - would that be the same Scopepestuff that copied the Ambermile 3D Weight system? whistle.gif

To be fair its kinda moving into the 'not worth the hassel' area. if was not for the stupid modern nose pieces on the diagonals these days, it would be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no further with this!.. Adam at David Hinds is kindly looking into it from a Baader solution point of view. If anyone else knows the tread size on the collar please share it.

I know a few on here would be interested in swapping it out.

Rob

Archived