Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7380 "The Wizard" Alan/ Eddie production

moocher

Hello,

After playing with this image and getting nowwhere i decided to let Eddie have a bash... Here is NGC7380 "The Wizard" in "Hubble Palette"

Borg 77ED ART285. Guiding via Guidemaster 66sd and QHY5. Captured via Maxim. Dark/ flats subtarcted. All post processing by Eddie Davies.

8x15 mins Ha

6x15 mins O3

6x15 mins S2

Alan/ Eddie cheesy.gif

modify_inline.gif

post-16297-133877378765_thumb.jpg

Very trippy, I like it!

Looks like a crazy wizard.

I will be joining you soon with the narrowband tri colour images, cant wait :)

Are the halos due to the filters, or due to excessive stretching of the SII and OIII channels?

i looked up the ionisation energy for oxygen 2+ (OIII). It requires a temperature of around 650,000K.

so the oxygen filtered images certainly highlights the very hot regions, typically found near large stars.

mind you sulphur requires around 100,000K. Perhaps then the compression from the interaction with the interstellar medium heats the material, which allows the sulphur atoms to become singly ionised and emit the S2 line.

so OIII for Hot, S2 for compression.

exactly what we see here in this image, and others...eg cygnus wall, pelican.....

great image

paul

Archived