NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepieces??

It really depends what use you want to put them to. Orthos are very good for lunar, planetary/ double stars but tend to have a too narrow field of view for general use. Plossls have a wider field of view and are probably better alrounders but these days you also have the option of even wider eyepieces at reasonable prices such as Hyperions and WO SWANs etc.

I used to use Plossls on my old scope and, with glasses, I always had trouble with eye relief and field of view. I then splashed out on a couple of Hyperions and will never look back! They have fantastic eye relief and field of view and are really comfortable. Rather larger than my old Plossls though! They are a tad expensive but I know as a beginner I can't see myself wanting any others! At the mo anyway!

Check out EPs with FLO. They'll give you some very good advice:

First Light Optics - Suppliers of Skywatcher, Celestron, William Optics, Meade, Coronado Solar, Tal, Burgess Optical, Baader Planetarium, Astrozap and Kendrick

Alexxx

Archived