NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Cocoon again, old data - new process

roundycat

this time I put the sub frames together the proper way. Previously I had made a picture from each night and combined them as layers in PS. This time sixteen of each channel combined in Maxim using SD Mask. RGB and 5m and 8m subs. TMB/ST10.

Dennis

post-15519-133877377306_thumb.jpg

The automatic "SGLification" can slaughter an image.... definitley a case of WYSINWYG :icon_salut:

UKAstronomers used to be so much better than the latest SGL incarnation at handling the resizing and display of images.... as well as allowign you to uplaod and link to higher resolution images..

But progress is progress...

Peter....

thanks guys. I always process the full size image and then save a copy in 8 bit and at the right size for posting, usually 1000 pix wide. This is then saved as a jpeg and viewed before posting. A particular problem with images that have a darkish background (read 12-20 level in PS) is that they come up here with a lighter background and the stars looking nearly blown out to white. Definitely not something I strive for. Another problem here is that if you post a picture and it comes up looking like rubbish you cannot quickly delete it and go back to the drawing board.

I might just provide a link to my web site if I can't solve this one.

Dennis

Archived