Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M39 (new scope)

Milliways

I had my first go at astrophotography with my new scope tonight... i couldn't really get anything good from the M51 as the moon was hazing up the sky... so i pointed it at M39.

Was 5X30 sec exposures at ISO 800, Using my skywatcher explorer 250PX guided on a HEQ5 Syntrek. Nikon D60.

post-15185-13387737707_thumb.jpg

Nice one :icon_salut:

Happy Chappy then :cool:

Hehe yeah alot better than the ETX as you can see. But is seems to me that when i zoom in onto the picture.. on the left hand side the stars look like they are trailing a bit but in the centre they are perfect.. any ideas?

Yeah... i love my new scope!! way better than my old one, i just cant wait to get some exposure of some really cool DSO's considering i did this with only 5 subs at 30 secs!.

I really want to get the M51 as this is my fav dso atm.. i will aim for about 4-5 hrs of exposure and see what i get :icon_salut: Just a [removed word] to find it hehe.

Stars are radially stretched rather than Rotationally stretched so its probably comma and you'll need to think about flattening the field with a MPCC....

Peter....

Hmmm, yeah i see that when looking through the EP. Sorry for being stupid but what is comma and what is an MPCC?

Thanks for the advice as always pete :icon_salut:

Wow only 5! 30's exposures :icon_salut:

Think what an 1/2 hour's worth could do.

I like the blue stars, they add 3D to the image.

Cheers

Guy

Thanks mate :cool: Yeah i might keep at it and see what i come up with. Sucks that the weather is bad now.. would liked to av gone out again tonight :headbang:

Archived