NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-101, The Tulip Nebula

roundycat

looks like the last of the clear nights has gone and it's back to going to bed at a sensible time. I was searching around for an Ha target for the TMB in bright moonlight and settled on this having never done it before. After the moon went down a bit I thought I may as well chance some colour so shot some green and blue. I finished the green in virtual daylight.

So, HaGB in the ratio 60-30-50 minutes, TMB/ST10. Pre processing in Maxim (with a defective flat I have just discovered) and post processing in PS.

Dennis

post-15519-13387737653_thumb.jpg

Good use of the time again Dennis :icon_salut:

I know how you fell about the sleep although I have just got back into micro napping and was managing 40 mins per hour last night...

Possibly one more night for us then back into clouds... but it looks like the recent weather has lifted the spirits... at least for those of use far enough south to get some darkness to image in..

It is ironic that the clearest nights for months are also some of the shortest. However, they are much appreciated, but I can honestly say I am GLAD it is cloudy tonight! I've been out every night since 23rd May, and its starting to show......

Great image Dennis. I like the way the folds in the Ha clouds show through, and the dark trails too. Which Ha filter did you use for this one?

Cheers

TJ

Tim, this was with my ST10 which has a CFW filter wheel permanently connected unless I am going narrowband. Standard SBIG 1.25" filters and the Ha is an Astronomik 13nm one. It seems a fairly dim object to me so 60m of Ha is probably not much. I was particularly pleased with the star colour on this one, none of the cyan cast that normally appears with HaGB although they could do with being sharper.

Dennis

Ooohhh another "target" for me Borg to point at!!! Very nice Dennis, i had heard of it before but i wasn`t sure where it was..... I know how ya feel Tim. Last night was "supposed" to be cloudy but i ending up "crawling" into bed at 3am and toights forcast is clear again!!!!!!!

Alan:)

Archived