First deep sky image M13

Phantom

M13, this came out better than i thought given the fact it was done on an alt mount with no tracking. I am still learning so dont be too harsh lol this was the first image taken with my C80ED and my new 1000D. 10 Frames stacked in registax, levels adjusted in GIMP each image was about 5 seconds at ISO 1600. I know there is a fair bit of trailing and the focus is slightly off but it exceded what i thought it come out like! This was also the first time i have ever viewed M13 let alone imaged it.

Regards,

Phantom

post-14938-133877374024_thumb.jpg

Phantom,

So you got the buzz from imaging it then! it is great when you manage to get the target, focus and something comes out on the camera. Never entirely sure what will happen the first time you image a target.

oooh now come the relentless trying to get focus and alignment better and trying other targets to see what happens!

Good luck :-D nice image by the way.

Neil C

Thanks for the comments, yeah still buzzing keep on taking a look at the image :cool: Just need some more practice and then to fork out on a EQ5 mount and start doing some serious deep space photography.

Archived