Failed Session

bosun21

My USB3 cable failed when i connected my camera to Sharpcap. It was just disconnecting and reconnecting every 1-2 seconds. I decided to capture a couple of SER files anyway before i called it a night. I had to use a 3m USB2 cable at a vastly reduced frame rate. I only took 3 files of 90 seconds at quite a low elevation which is not ideal. This is a single 90 second file through AS and Registax. I was so miffed i forgot to set my ADC. I don't even know why i bothered to process and post this. A night to forget for sure.

2024-10-03-2308_5-Capture_lapl4_ap49.jpg.703846c8b8d007853d662c4963c26ec5.jpg

• Like 13

Nice image despite the issues you had Ian. You can still see some details coming through. Seeing was quite variable on the 4th and my seeing went really bad within 1hr of imaging. I hope you got your cable replaced on time for the next good seeing, whenever that is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Nice image despite the issues you had Ian. You can still see some details coming through. Seeing was quite variable on the 4th and my seeing went really bad within 1hr of imaging. I hope you got your cable replaced on time for the next good seeing, whenever that is.

I don't think I even bothered to set proper focus looking at it. I have two USB3 cables being delivered Wednesday which is fine as the next clear night is supposedly Thursday night and perhaps Friday also. If it remains clear I will stay up and grab Mars as well. Fingers crossed. Seeing your results has given me inspiration.

• Like 1

No, no, not a failed session! The image looks great despite the difficulties you experienced. Any time you can devote to the nighttime (or daytime) sky is always a plus!

Cheers,

Reggie

• Like 1