Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888 - Is This The minimum Ever Done In a Session?

jcm

Got out last night about 11.45 sky looked OK. Set up the 130mm APO with the narrow band filter wheel and the 16HR.

After all the framing , focussing etc did a 6min test exposure through H-alpha of the Crescent neb. Well that was it ( result below) for the evening as mist/high cloud came over. All I need now is say another 40mins H-alpha , 45 mins OIII and 45 mins H-beta. I wonder how long that will take?:)

John

PS Did not bother wih Flats , Dark Frame , Bias.

No stacking:)

PPS Getting silly now - added red:D

post-13061-13387737264_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877372668_thumb.jpg

For 6 mins, it's fantastic, surprising amount of detail, look forward to the completed version - whenever ??

Brendan

Thanks , the problem is they shoud have been 8 or 10 min exposures , the 6 min was just a test :)

John

Nice test shot John,

Even with 6 min exposures you can get bags of detail but of course you need plenty of them.

I know how you feel though, haven't been able to get out for a while either, I think the crescent was the last image I took, who knows when the next one will be.

Archived