Stellamira 66mm ED doublet.

Hello, I am looking for a small refractor, very handy and with very little weight to use as a spotting scope during the day, some bird watching, airplanes in the distance and at night casual astronomy, say the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn, some double stars and wide field in open clusters... in short something versatile and very very manageable... (I already have a good tripod to support it.).. but with a minimum of optical and mechanical quality... What is your opinion of the StellaMira 66 mm ED Doublet f/6..???

kind regards

Tico

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised nobody has replied to this, maybe there's not many users.  I've actually just received one today, rain obviously hut it's remarkably well made and optics look lovely.

Did you ever buy this?

Would like to hear from other users too to keep me going to it's clear lol.

Gaz 👍

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 12:51, tico said:

Hello, I am looking for a small refractor, very handy and with very little weight to use as a spotting scope during the day, some bird watching, airplanes in the distance and at night casual astronomy, say the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn, some double stars and wide field in open clusters... in short something versatile and very very manageable... (I already have a good tripod to support it.).. but with a minimum of optical and mechanical quality... What is your opinion of the StellaMira 66 mm ED Doublet f/6..???

kind regards

Tico

There's a review of this scope on utube.  If I recall correctly, it was by  Astrolavista - Chris from FLO.