NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FLO and Fedex approach the speed of light

adamsp123

No carrier is perfect but we are finding FedEx much more reliable than CityLink :)

Don't mention C-L..... they have been my all time no. 1 bad experience with couriers. For about 15 carries over the years (none of them my choice) they have not been careful with the packages (numerous damaged), totally inflexible with re-delivery (Mon - Fri, 09:00 - 17:00.... just when most of us are away) - we are not the customer but the consignee - we are not allowed to re-direct, rude on the phone (I even apologised one time for phoning them!) and my nearest depot is Grantham (over 30 miles away)... I had a driver complain to me that I had taken in a parcel for next door when I was off sick because she wasn't in!

Sorry.. just had to get that off my chest.

Steve... you may have swayed me about that focuser I am after... pls can you reply to the update.

(sorry for the hi-jack thread :D )

Phil.

huh I must be something of an exception then, never had any problems with the citylink guy in my area for PC stuff, its never been damaged in transit and hes always polite and helpful.

ok so delivery times suck and you cant really choose a time, but quite a few are like that as well to be fair.

Things might have changed, last I heard they had trouble-shooters in and were making changes to their management team. I also notice one of our larger suppliers has switched to CityLink, so things might well have improved.

Things might have changed, last I heard they had trouble-shooters in and were making changes to their management team. I also notice one of our larger suppliers has switched to CityLink, so things might well have improved.

I wouldnt suggest that they are great by any longshot Steve, at least not yet as I have heard lots of stories of recent problems with Citylink from others.

Just saying that my experiences dont match those of others. I also have an idea that my good experiences with them have been down to the fact that the driver for my area actually seems to care about his job and getting it all right.

Archived