Polar alignment in N.I.N.A

Hi all 

Managed to get out last night with the new mount and telescope , focused the scope and tried the 3 star polar alignment routine in Nina but to no avail, the mount slewed to the first star ok and plate solved I think .The image flashed up on my computer screen for literally a second then disappeared, the mount then wouldn’t slew to the next star I tried 3 or 4 times then gave up . I wonder if it didn’t plate solve properly and that’s why it wouldn’t move on with the routine . Does anybody have the same experience if so how did you solve it , or if anybody got any ideas 

4 minutes ago, DaveG64 said:

Hi all 

Managed to get out last night with the new mount and telescope , focused the scope and tried the 3 star polar alignment routine in Nina but to no avail, the mount slewed to the first star ok and plate solved I think .The image flashed up on my computer screen for literally a second then disappeared, the mount then wouldn’t slew to the next star I tried 3 or 4 times then gave up . I wonder if it didn’t plate solve properly and that’s why it wouldn’t move on with the routine . Does anybody have the same experience if so how did you solve it , or if anybody got any ideas 

You don’t want your first slew to be anywhere near the Pole, put your mount at about 30-45 degrees from the pole to the east, then let it start from there…

NINA should clearly indicate if a plate solve has been successful or not, I have it set to auto sync so if successful the mount software window opens briefly to confirm this.