NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Great Rift /Summer Triangle 29th June 2024

Posted (edited)

The Great Rift /Summer Triangle area of the Milky-way. 

Taken on 29th June 2024 around 1am here in Delabole, North Cornwall. 

Trying out my new Star Adventurer 2i mount. 

Equipment used unmodded Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8 lens 800iso 90sec. (I will go longer with this combo hoping for 2-3 minutes as the 90 seconds was a test run with no astronomical dark)

Star Adventurer 2i. 

Processed in Photoshop, Graxpert and Starnett 2 

Before the Star Adventurer 2i I could only manage 13 secs before star trailing so a massive improvement there. 

Clear skies. 

Lee 

Summer-Triangle-29-6-24-90-sec-800-iso_GraXpert-01-01.jpeg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 18

10 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

That looks amazing from UK skies.

Thank you. I'm hoping for better once we get Astronomical darkness back. The Milky-Way image I took was washed out, so will try again when AD is back. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you. I'm hoping for better once we get Astronomical darkness back. The Milky-Way image I took was washed out, so will try again when AD is back. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

I might try it while my scope is running. Same camera 18-55 EF kit lens and tripod no tracker. View southy has houses though... Doubt I'll see core which is the best bit

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

I might try it while my scope is running. Same camera 18-55 EF kit lens and tripod no tracker. View southy has houses though... Doubt I'll see core which is the best bit

Put your lens at 18mm think lowest stop is f3.5. Try 10 secs and see if any trails. If there are bring the time down a bit. You can pick some nice details, I used to use this combo. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1

Looks like a result. I could never get any use out of that lens here due to LP, I think the limit is around 24mm imaging over 50 degrees altitude. Things obviously change when you're out away from stray light sources.

Can't wait to see the deeper results.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Elp said:

Looks like a result. I could never get any use out of that lens here due to LP, I think the limit is around 24mm imaging over 50 degrees altitude. Things obviously change when you're out away from stray light sources.

Can't wait to see the deeper results.

Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the darker skies and getting the star adventurer going on some serious milky-way imaging. 

Even down here in the village there's still a bit of LP from neighbouring villages and our High Street but ways of imaging out of the way. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

• Like 1

Ooooh, lots of lovely detail in that, Lee. What a difference tracking makes! I definitely think you’d be able to push it all to 3 minutes when darkness returns. Nicely done.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Ooooh, lots of lovely detail in that, Lee. What a difference tracking makes! I definitely think you’d be able to push it all to 3 minutes when darkness returns. Nicely done.

Thank you Paul that's really kind of you to say 😊. Tracking certainly makes a difference, lovely to see the North American nebula in there too. I'd love to get up to 3 minute exposures if possible. The 90 secs were a rough guideline just to test it out. Can't wait to have a go properly on the milky-way core region in the Astro dark and even try my 50mm lens on some areas too. I hope all is well with you and enjoying your Msm nomad. 

17 hours ago, anthony said:

That’s a lovely image

Thank you 😊 looking forward to more adventures with the Star adventurer 2i. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LaurenceT said:

Beautiful image, well done Lee.

Thank you Laurence 😊. The star adventurer 2i is a game changer. I managed to get out on Wednesday evening for a test run on the milky-way in my usual quarry spot so hoping there's something good there even with no astronomical darkness. (which returns down here on Tuesday 😁👍

I hope you're well. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you Laurence 😊. The star adventurer 2i is a game changer. I managed to get out on Wednesday evening for a test run on the milky-way in my usual quarry spot so hoping there's something good there even with no astronomical darkness. (which returns down here on Tuesday 😁👍

I hope you're well. 

Clear skies 

Lee 

I started off with an Ioptron tracker and managed to use it a couple of times with an astro modded Sony with limited success. I realised that you actually have to know where stuff is when using a tracker which more or less counted me out back then😄

We don't get AD here in the frozen North of Surrey until the 30th and then it's all of an hour and a half!

All well here, hope same with you

Laurence

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LaurenceT said:

I started off with an Ioptron tracker and managed to use it a couple of times with an astro modded Sony with limited success. I realised that you actually have to know where stuff is when using a tracker which more or less counted me out back then😄

We don't get AD here in the frozen North of Surrey until the 30th and then it's all of an hour and a half!

All well here, hope same with you

Laurence

Yes there is that with using a star tracker and having to know where bits are. Generally I'll be using it for Widefield milky-way and Orion Widefield. The odd time with my 50mm lens on targets I know where are too. 

Cheers 

Lee 

• Like 1