Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

8 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Hey really appreciate all this. Just my thinking at the moment is I haven't reached near the limit of free software but hopefully that time will come one day. I need to do a lot of reading before even trying pi 45 day trial and I already have a big reading list :)

Thats my point though, I hadn't reached the limit of the software I was trying, as could be seen by the results others are able to get from it. But I was not progressing as I had hoped so tried something different. If you're happy challenging yourself with your current toolset and not getting frustrated then go for it, but don't be afraid to try something else and see if it gives you an immediate jump in results that you may have needed a couple for years experimenting with via other methods.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, edarter said:

Thats my point though, I hadn't reached the limit of the software I was trying, as could be seen by the results others are able to get from it. But I was not progressing as I had hoped so tried something different. If you're happy challenging yourself with your current toolset and not getting frustrated then go for it, but don't be afraid to try something else and see if it gives you an immediate jump in results that you may have needed a couple for years experimenting with via other methods.

Not frustrated yet, but I'm at a stage where it's hard to know if better software will improve my end results yet. Or improving my skills in general more will.

Once my 533 camera arrives it might help me reach that moment of epiphany sooner.

Also when I get narrowband filter(s) eventually. Siril seems a bit of a faff for osc plus narrowband maybe also with narrowband alone too.

Hopefully apt free version does sensor analysis because my ultra budget 533 doesn't even come with the obligatory 12 months free sub.

Right now I'd rather use some of the pi cost for a mini pc which might perfect my balance and improve my guiding.

I won't be shocked to hear that all newbs say the sort of rubbish I do on here, as I really couldn't have progressed as easily with out everyones help, but I at least want to make some appearance of making some progress on my own. Even if that's not very true. 

3 to 9 days* and counting...

* Doesn't include business days as plane don't fly on sat/Sundays I guess

5 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

Take a look at this tutorial. https://siril.org/tutorials/tuto-scripts/

Towards the middle there is a link for downloading the images "To help you learn, a zip archive of all the images is provided here ." Have fun.

I ran green noise exterminator on a posters recent m57 (think it was) image last night and thought my version looked reasonable. Until I saw the carastros and vroobels versions.

I'm not sure I'm at a stage for anything more than osc and free software right now. 6 months ago I thought my slowly one tripod leg slipping back up was all the tripod I could even need. Then I put a 5kg mount on it 2 months later. Yes I was warned :)

17 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

Take a look at this tutorial. https://siril.org/tutorials/tuto-scripts/

Towards the middle there is a link for downloading the images "To help you learn, a zip archive of all the images is provided here ." Have fun.

I added one hour to my m51 project last night. 50% more exposure time really did make a noticeable  improvement. If only someone on here had mentioned that ;)

I actually almost enjoy failing because in a way, I can mostly then do the opposite and fail less. Or another way for slightly different or maybe less fail. 

I mean weather is my current bottleneck to learning. Too soon in my (lack of) progression to think other stuff will help.

Except a 533 osc of course.

Posted (edited)

March 15th ish

image.thumb.jpeg.f8c254733ff0bbe54941ef0db97c200a.jpeg

20 June and a session in may and one on April of dubious quality. roughly 1 hour each. stars a bit iffy lol

image.thumb.jpeg.272a77f72fca76364ecef96a4128a19f.jpeg

Dodgy JPGs only from my phone sorry. My screen is so bad png or jpg don't matter.

If I could get a score for individual subs quality I'd benefit form the video gameness.

Upload servers taste filter possibly blocking my upload of images. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro