Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Saturn image.

Hello everyone, at last I managed to get my first Saturn image.:) Taken with my Fuju S5700 hooked up to 15mm EP and 2x barlow. This is taken from Registax stacking of an avi.

Took a couple of stills with the settings maxed out ie 1600iso and the max of 4 secs exposure that the camera will allow...and guess what well over exposed! :D Which bodes well as I now have overhead to work with. Going out again to try tonight and pull those settings in a bit, any advice from anyone on where to start first?

Regards

All

post-15528-133877371578_thumb.jpg

post-15528-133877371586_thumb.jpg

Cheers Dweller25,

I wanted to see what the camera could do maxed out first, I really need a dlsr or ccd imager but funds are a bit tight at the mo'. At least I have some settings to pull in, that's what I going to try tonight. Well impressed with the mount though, got it aligned and held Saturn for about 10mins before a bit of drift crept in.

Regards

All

The avi and afocal/EP shot's great.. shows how far 'consumer' technology has come.. just look at a book 10 yrs old and you'll see "professional/observatory" pics well challenged by that, if not outright outclassed! ...and yer only beginning ! :)

...and Keith, you've started on the right foot.. "the first three most important things are : the mount, the mount, the mount" :)

advice? ..well, I've seen acceptable exposures of 1/4 sec..

as you said, you have plenty of headroom :D have fun swingin that ISO and shutter.. see what you get..

:)

Many thanks for the encouragement omneferuss,

Trouble is we just got clouded out in south somerset/north dorset. Just finished putting the scope and mount away. Looks like I'll have to wait .....

Regards

All and good night.. work tomorrow, 04:20 start:eek:

Archived