NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Lion Nebula - SHO

Posted (edited)

I'm pleased to present my most recent image: The Lion Nebula (SH2-132) in SHO palette. This image waited two weeks on my AstroBin page. In the beginning, I wasn't sure if it was good enough or maybe I should upload another release, which I usually do. A few days later I still wasn't sure... whether I could be proud of a Top Pick award or maybe I should wait for something better. Well, it looks like it's too early for the Image Of The Day, maybe next time. The Top Pick must be enough for now. 😄 😊

The Lion Nebula (SH2-132) - 2024.04.13-05.17 - SHO

Altair WAVE 102EDT APO Triplet, 0.8x reducer (F/5.6), Optolong 2" SHO (+ RGB stars), ASI 2600MM-Pro @ Celestron CGX;
20.5h of SHO integration time: 105 x 300s SII, 89 x 120s Ha, 105 x 300s OIII; Gain 101, Offset 50, -10°C;
3 x 15 x 30s of RGB stars
NINA, PixInsight;
Liverpool, Bortle 9(+).

https://www.astrobin.com/8wyuk8/D/

LionNebula_1_Combined_2.thumb.jpg.2e43314d085c3181bc2470ab6f43635c.jpg

LionNebula_2_Starless_2.thumb.jpg.6d597eb02458efdb905eac7c4b5ee0a2.jpg

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 23

Thank you. 😊 I also like these colours, though some people say that more explicit colours would add more space and depth to the image. I should try both ways next time. 🤔 😄

8 hours ago, Vroobel said:

Thank you. 😊 I also like these colours, though some people say that more explicit colours would add more space and depth to the image. I should try both ways next time. 🤔 😄

I think the slightly muted colours are the right way to go. I have done a lot of the Adam Block tutorials, and much as he knows what he is doing, I find his colours too strong. This is a really nice balance. Cracking image.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks. 😊

Oh, yes, I love the scope, it gives me round stars without any AI techniques. 🤩

image.png.6ea012e8360b840b9e952bb87d37a98f.png

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 1