Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I have been offered a mint Meade LX90C (with mount/tripod, etc.), and will appreciate any comments relating to the usefulness, and/or performance of this scope. AFAIK, its an earlier 'classic' type. I recall reading about the LX50 earlier, and whilst it looks like a nice piece of equipment, had certain issues making it less than ideal for imaging.

Hi.

I'm not sure about the Suffix C, unless it refers to it being the Classic.

The optics will certainly not let you down, but if it on an

Alt Az fork mount, then your imaging will need to consist of shortish subs, and then the results stacked. That's not to say It is not good. Some great results have been acheived by the method.

I own the LX90 LNT 12" SCT, but it is observatory mounted on a pier and a superwedge. It has also got the APM900 guiding module, for auto guidance, although it has not been put to use yet.

Ron.:)

Thanks barkis, I thought it was a reference to the classic version myself, but now I believe its a misnomer, and the instrument is in fact an LX200-LNT 8" with UHTC. Any idea of the production year vs. model for the LX90? I've had a look at the Telescope Blue Book, but it lacks detail for the LX90.

Is there not a label attached to the tube, if so, it should indicate the year of production. Probably illegible though, if it is old. Are you saying it is a LX200. The LX200 Control Panel is fixed, whilst the LX90 Panel is on the fork, and rotates with the scope. I'm sure you know that though.:)

Ron.

This model was superceded by the LX90 GPS (around 2007) which is exactly the same mechanically and optically except for the addition of a GPS receiver fitted. A more recent model has been introduced which is the LX90ACF which has better correction of coma.

Regards

Kevin

Archived