Star party in Cerne Abbas, Dorset

1 hour ago, mdstuart said:

Kevin are there any spaces left? If things work out I may be able to join in.

Mark

Hi Mark, yes there's plenty of space. It's a big field. Shame @Stu is looking doubtful for the weekend, but is welcome to come for an evening ... Happy for you and he to make your own arrangements over the tickets 

UPDATE
I've just received word from the Cerne Abbas brewery that, due to the weather currently, and with more rain on the way, it may not be possible to drive on the field. Obviously this may mean that we can't go ahead with the event if it's going to be a quagmire.
I'm in discussion with the other organisers, and we will be making and announcing the decision by 6pm today.
Please spread the word to anyone else you know who is planning on coming.
Kev

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kev100 said:

UPDATE
I've just received word from the Cerne Abbas brewery that, due to the weather currently, and with more rain on the way, it may not be possible to drive on the field. Obviously this may mean that we can't go ahead with the event if it's going to be a quagmire.
I'm in discussion with the other organisers, and we will be making and announcing the decision by 6pm today.
Please spread the word to anyone else you know who is planning on coming.
Kev

Oh dear, that would be a huge shame, after all you've put into it  🤞 that it can go ahead.  

I'll put a note on the Astrocamp FaceBook group page as there may be some cross over with people there.

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 1

Update #2

Well, we’ve been to the brewery, checked the field for access and quagmireyness, and it’s all good, we’re going ahead. There was some confusion over which field we’d be using, but we’re definitely going with the dry and flat one 👍
See you soon

• Like 2

Well … that was fun … 

Okay, the weather was pretty poor, but the couple of hours of clear skies on Friday definitely made up for it, as did the talks, the quiz and the great attitude and enthusiasm of those who came. Having the brewery taproom available was fantastic.

Hope everyone made it home without mishap, and I look forward to doing it all again next year 🤔

Big thanks to @FLO for the quiz prizes .

Cheers,

Kev

PXL_20240906_173029020_Original.jpeg

PXL_20240906_173748368_Original.jpeg

PXL_20240906_233139345.NIGHT_Original.jpeg

• Like 5