Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leaving cw shaft and both cw attached during daily storage

titles a bit crap, apologies.

i break my gear down every night after use. yes, its annoying.

is there any reason why i shouldn't leave the cw shaft and both cw attached to the mount head when storing it for the next nights clear skies?

i lie it flat on its side and can loosen the clutch if that would be better?

im trying using both counter weights nearer the axis see if it helps guiding/balance. in a test, it did seem to help balance a bit. but its a pain to re do the cw each time :(

You won't do any harm to the mount by doing what you are suggesting. Just be mindful when lifting and moving it though as it will have an awkward balance to it. 

Jim 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't see any reason why not. I don't have a star adventurer but I do have an azgti and leave the weight on that. So I guess my answer is as long as it can be stored safely. All the best

Edited by M40
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Elp said:

Think it's sound as long as the clutches are disengaged, my ioptron recommends such when it's stored away.

Will do Ty

Weirdly I just put it all together and it's perfectly balanced both axis first time. So I'm a tad suspicious ;)

Had some weirdness with my pa but my guiding is 0.13(0.86") which I think I  should settle for. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1