Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focuser upgrade for Quattro 150P won't fit! - Please help.

I was actually looking for a focuser upgrade for my Quattro when I happend upon Cuiv's YouTube video (below) about the same.

I found it on AliExpress from a Dutch distributor and after some time and a most annoying customs charge it has arrived. However, there is a slight issue.

The fact that there seems to be different focusers factory supplied was something I knew about BUT slipped my mind when I ordered.

As you can see from the picture below the adapter ring for the new focuser does not match the housing (notch) on the scope.

I can of course get an angle grinder to it ;), but I fear this is not the best approach.

Short of doing dome slight cuttting, does anyone have any ideas or has seen this issue before?

Thanks in advance. :)
Matthew

PXL_20240508_181616624.jpg

If the holes on both parts have a matching PCD (Pitch circle diameter) you should be able to get around this by filing that notch out, I'd suggest on the top hole in your image provided if you go that route.

Unfortunately that's the only option I can think of besides also buying a new curves plate, "teleskop service" offer them in their DIY section I THINK.

14 hours ago, pipnina said:

If the holes on both parts have a matching PCD (Pitch circle diameter) you should be able to get around this by filing that notch out, I'd suggest on the top hole in your image provided if you go that route.

Unfortunately that's the only option I can think of besides also buying a new curves plate, "teleskop service" offer them in their DIY section I THINK.

Thanks Pipnina - looks like the only way?!
I will try teleskop service too, thanks (I have messaged the focuser seller to try and get the other plate too...).

All th best.