Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PolarAlignMax

froggy

Hi,

I have used PAM in the past and was very happy with the result. However I had to move the mount and I needed to polar align it properly so I started using PAM.

Everything worked fine until the software calculated the error.

No white square on the image to put a star in.

The image kept being downloaded even after "continous" was unchecked

I restarted the laptop many times, checked all the connexions and everything seem to be fine.

The camera I use to polar align is an Atik 16ic.

I would love to be able to use this program to polar align but unfortunately I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any help will be very well appreciated.

Many thanks

Vince

Hi Vince

Have you tried changing the line width that is drawn on the Maxin images? If you are displaying the images at less than 100%, the lines can "disappear". That option is found on the setiup tab, under centering -> line width.

Dumb question... and I have done this many many times... you have stopped maxim from taking images before you start the PAM run?

Yeah, Maxim is dumb when it comes to resizing images, at 50% scale it just drops every other pixel - if your box happens to be on that row/column it disappears :icon_rolleyes: Oh for a bit of interpolation, it's a pain with OSC raw matrix images too.

Hi Steve,

Sorry to be a pain but could you please let me know how I can adjust the line width that is drawn on the Maxin images.

I have changed the hair width option in the setup tab in PAM but that does not make any difference.

Many thanks for your help.

Vince

Yeah, Maxim is dumb when it comes to resizing images, at 50% scale it just drops every other pixel - if your box happens to be on that row/column it disappears :) Oh for a bit of interpolation, it's a pain with OSC raw matrix images too.

Thats interesting to know! I 've had this issue before and didn't realise what was going on!!

Archived