NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Equinox 66ED

Hi All,

I've been thinking about leaving the hobby.. but that thought just kills me. Nowa days ist down to time and traveling with the job!. So this got me thinking about a small travel scope... been looking at the WO 66 SD, but also recalled the Skywatcher Equinox 66 ED. Does the mounting foot on here fit in a EQ5 head ok?, as well as offering a photo tripod connection?. I know the WO does - (I think?)

Thanks

Rob

Does the mounting foot on here fit in a EQ5 head ok?, as well as offering a photo tripod connection?. I know the WO does - (I think?)

The 66's foot does indeed double up as a tripod and Vixen dovetail :icon_rolleyes:.

Tony..

I have to keep my hand in with the hobby.. you all have no idea how low I've felt with not getting out with the scopes!... if its in you, its in you.

Cheers

Rob

if you're interested there is an offer for the scope plus barlow below but Nb some of the other "sale" offers at Pulsar look a bit fishy (eg they have what look like the cheapy bresser binos wih an "original" price of about 80 quid "reduced" to about 20. ahem. )

ps not sure how to add a link so you need to cut n' paste

Sky-Watcher Sky-Watcher Equinox- 66 PRO ED APO Refractor

• 2 weeks later...

Missed this thread while on holiday.

I got my Equinox 66 Pro Series from Steve a couple of weeks ago. Stunning little performer. The mechanics and optics are first rate. It goes so well with my Equinox 120.

Could be tempted to bino-view with it :)

Hope you don't leave the Astro community.

Glen.

Archived