Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Entry level mirrorless cameras…advice please!

A family member is giving me an older DSLR and lens to trade in for a new Mirrorless camera. I want to get something small and lightweight to take on holiday to Canada, and to start learning how to do nightscapes.

There’s a Canon sale at the moment, but I’m told they are fairly common:

I’m looking at the Canon R50 and Kit lens which will be £750-ish minus whatever I get for trade in.

The other option is the older Canon RP but it’s £1000-ish. 
I could go for Used from a reputable shop for a bit less (but see below) 

I note that Used body only entry level mirrorless aren’t that much cheaper than a new entry level mirrorless with kit lens in a sale….

TL:DR what lightweight entry level mirrorless would you all recommend for nightscape and landscape photography? And are there better options in the Nikon/Sony ranges?

Thanks NC

Edited by Neutrinosoup

Don't use a kit lens for AP, get a few good fixed primes. Samyang specifically ED lenses are usually decent and fairly affordable. The 14mm is a very popular widefield lens (note you'll struggle to use it if any stray light sources are nearby due to the curvature of the front lens). Sigma Arts are usually good but expensive. Vintage lenses also work within their limits.