SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DIY 3D print: off-axis adapter for medium format

Astrofriend

I have many years dreamed about a medium format system for the telescope. Some cameras like the Fujifilm GFX 50 R are cheap as used. But there are some problem with them so I haven't invested in a MF camera yet.

Until better cameras has arrived I play around in the CAD program to design an off-axis guider that can be used with medium format cameras or a full frame mirrorless camera.

Here is my CAD drawing ideas:

http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-medium-format-offaxis/01-project-medium-format-offaxis.html

The working space between the flange of the lens, Pentax 645, and the mirrorless MF camera is 44.17 mm or even more with a full frame mirrorless camera. I have also implemented two filter draw boxes.

This is more because it's fun to test ideas, maybe there will never be a MF camera. But a full frame mirrorless I can buy today if I want.

/Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Like 2