Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light with the ZWO 585MC

I recently got a ZWO 585MC cooled camera, to pair mainly with my Tak TSA 102 f/8 refractor. This gives a better field of view, smaller pixels, and higher quantum efficiency compared to my other camera (a ZWO 071MC Pro). One benefit of the smaller sensor is that I don't need to use a flattener. 

I managed around two and a half hours last night on M51 and got the result below (from stacking 149 60 second images in DSS and then some further processing using GraXpert, Affinity etc.). An IR/UV filter was used. 

Although the moon was up, the end result was fairly reasonable, to me. 

Autoguiding, autofocussing etc. was all managed by an ASIAIR Pro and I used my RST-135 mount.

Autosave v2.jpg

M51 17th April 2024 v3.jpg

Edited by iantaylor2uk
typo
  • Like 6

+1 for the 585. I'm using the uncooled camera with my Askar 120-APO. Waiting to see if a mono version is in the pipeline...

M51  is a great target for the 585 plus lots of other galaxy's and smaller neb's.

• Like 1