Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maurolycus, Aristoteles and Eudoxus (15/04/24)

Kon

Another go on imaging craters despite the awful seeing. I opted for an IR pass filter 685 tonight. Maurolycus is showing some details although I could not resolve the small craterlets inside. Aristoteles and Eudoxus had better seeing and I framed them to capture the mountain shadows on the left. 12" FlexTube, GoTo, asi462mm, IR pass, 2.5x TV powermate.

aristotle-eudixus2024-04-15.png.be6dad25a1a07bd80ea95f7918cda67c.png maurolycus-2024-04-15.png.23e82712461489cedd56a311ac92235b.png

• Like 10

Very nice Kon, I've just come back in doors after a disappointing session, windows 11 decided to update and configure plus I was unable able to get good image runs without continual buffering.. Maurolycus gives me a smile under this illumination, such a happy looking crater 🙂.. your seeing looks to have been better than mine.

Mark.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Astroscot2 said:

Very nice Kon, I've just come back in doors after a disappointing session, windows 11 decided to update and configure plus I was unable able to get good image runs without continual buffering.. Maurolycus gives me a smile under this illumination, such a happy looking crater 🙂.. your seeing looks to have been better than mine.

Mark.

Thanks Mark. I will never unsee the smilly crater now 😂

Yes I hate when updates decide to happen during imaging. I hope the weather improves so we can get some high resolution images.

Nice images Kostas. I found that nailing sharp focus can be difficult under poor seeing conditions although you have done a good job here. I hope to be back out there the next time clear skies come around.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Nice images Kostas. I found that nailing sharp focus can be difficult under poor seeing conditions although you have done a good job here. I hope to be back out there the next time clear skies come around.

Thanks Ian. The seeing was just awful. with the overhead jetstream. I have been imaging tonight and it is a bit better. I will post the images later. Looking forward to your captures.

• Like 1