Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rossette NGC2239

I keep trying.  Still not what I want, but better than last attempt.  3 hours with a Radian Raptor and QHY183M one-shot.  I have to say what I see after upload is a poor copy of the .jpg I see on my local monitor screen.  At least the playing field is level, we all have that, to deal with I feel sure.

NGC2239.jpg

Edited by JonCarleton
  • Like 8

Thanks a great image well done..👏🏻

‘Not sure what software you use for processing but in pixinsight if you invert the image and run SCNR it will remove those magenta stars for you…👍🏻

I don't normally see any degredation between here and my view of an image in Photoshop. Are you're in the right colourspace? The internet standard is sRGB.  (I process in ProphotoRGB for its better gamut and then go into Photoshop's Edit-Convert to Profile to choose sRGB. Don't confuse this with 'Assign Profile.')

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
typo

7 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Thanks a great image well done..👏🏻

‘Not sure what software you use for processing but in pixinsight if you invert the image and run SCNR it will remove those magenta stars for you…👍🏻

I use PI, but they aren't magenta on my monitor.  I did a monitor calibration to try and correct it, but it didn't help.  Perhaps I need to use a different tool to create the jpg....or just upload a tiff instead.  Could be something in the fits conversion.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

I don't normally see any degredation between here and my view of an image in Photoshop. Are you're in the right colourspace? The internet standard is sRGB.  (I process in ProphotoRGB for its better gamut and then go into Photoshop's Edit-Convert to Profile to choose sRGB. Don't confuse this with 'Assign Profile.')

Olly

I only own one Windows machine.  I use it ONLY for Pole Master and iPolar (because those two require Windows), then it goes back in the closet.  And yes, I am careful to be mindful of sRGB in my exports.  I have been doing the file conversion to jpg in GIMP, but perhaps I will try something else.

Edited by JonCarleton

21 minutes ago, JonCarleton said:

I use PI, but they aren't magenta on my monitor.  I did a monitor calibration to try and correct it, but it didn't help.  Perhaps I need to use a different tool to create the jpg....or just upload a tiff instead.  Could be something in the fits conversion.

So these stars don’t look magenta to you on your screen….? 🤔

IMG_2478.jpeg

Posted (edited)

To be clear, the uploaded image displayed by this website (and others) appears with magenta stars...yes.  The original .fits file on my local machine does NOT have magenta stars.  The .jpg on my local machine that I uploaded here does NOT have magenta stars.  There is apparently a problem with the conversion for web display.  Something about my .jpg is not converted properly. 

I have heard others complain about this issue on other sites, and not just Linux/UNIX users.  But, it is not apparently a global problem.  I do intend to solve it one way or the other :).

Edited by JonCarleton
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

OK...same image as a png instead of jpg.  Reprocessed in PI.

NGC2239.png

Edited by JonCarleton
Changed Processing to output PNG. Better result!
  • Like 3