SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Case for HEQ5 Pro?

I've just picked up a second hand HEQ5 Pro, primarily for use at star parties as a my AZ EQ6 GT is soon to be installed in my new observatory (when it's finished) and it would be great if I can just leave it in there.  I want to get a compact case for storage and transport of the HEQ5 Pro.    I'm looking at the case that FLO sell.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/telescope-bags-cases-storage/oklop-padded-bag-for-sky-watcher-eq5-heq5-az-eq5-mounts.html

It looks okay.  Has anyone got any experience of these bags?  Can anyone suggest and alternative?

PS - I don't have the original packaging foam, so the Geoptik's offering is not suitable 😞

Thanks

I bought some Oklop bags for my 200pds and my nipper’s 130p and az-go2 mount/tripod. They seem solidly made; nice thick material, sturdy-feeling zips and strong straps/grips. There is some padding but perhaps not enough to prevent all the damage if bashed/dropped. Personally I think my purchases were worth it. The boxes and packing the scopes etc. came in offer great protection but take up tons of space. The bags are a great compromise.

Incidentally I’m considering buying this same bag for my mount.

The only niggle is that the descriptions said metal clips but mine came with plastic ones.

Presume this is for the mount head itself and not the tripod.  

I must confess, I don't put mine in a bag for Astrocamps, I place it on top of the bag that contains my Scope cover so it is fairly soft.  But I guess a bag would be easier to carry.  Sorry I am not being very helpful here.    

Edited by carastro

17 minutes ago, carastro said:

Presume this is for the mount head itself and not the tripod.  

Yes, just the mount head.  the tripod will go in a bag that once contained a camping chair.

• Like 1