Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Padded carry bag for OOUK VX6 f5 Asked for ideas

Having just purchased another OOUK VX6 f5 scope, I need a bag that fits it, which is easier said than done.
The scope has a longer tube than SW or other f5 tubes as the mirror sits in a bit, so cases made for those are 700-710 long inside,
my scope to be awkward is 750 long.

My previous one squeezed into a lacerta case, but it was sold as 710 long, so I am asking owners of these fine scopes to tell me how you did it or not?

Edited by Alan White

I have never owned this particular scope but FLO sells an Oklop bag for 150/750 reflectors. You could always drop them a message asking them to verify the dimensions.

25 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I have never owned this particular scope but FLO sells an Oklop bag for 150/750 reflectors. You could always drop them a message asking them to verify the dimensions.

It’s too short from published size, but thanks for the pointer.

• Like 1

Box dimensions might help due to the focuser sticking out... The Celestron 40 inch bag seems sufficient. Also look at camping bags as they can be quite long, holdall or backpack but prices are usually high, or yoga mat bags (prices low), either of these will require cut to shape padding yoga mat works good here too.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

Resolved 😁
All other bags are shorter than the OOUK optical tube, which is longer than all other f5 150's.
The only other bag was a Geoptik, but it taller than needed.

An Artesky 150/750 Newtonian Bag, this is 800mm long. This was noted in a post by @markse68
Ordered direct from them as no UK stockist could be found.

Artesky Carry case Newton 150/750

I will post an equipment review upon receipt and use.

Thanks for trying to help folks, appreciated.

• Like 2

• Alan White changed the title to Padded carry bag for OOUK VX6 f5 Asked for ideas