Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Owl and Surfboard - HaLRGB

The diabolical cloud cover took a break for almost two nights last week here in Somerset.  So I managed to catch nearly 13.5hrs on M108 and M97 in HaLRGB. Ha = 57, L = 114, R = 92, G = 90 and B = 79 all 120s exposures.

ASI1600GT, ZWO filters, Esprit 120.  Processed in Siril, Gimp and Topaz.

Version_1_low.jpg

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
JPG rather than .tif
  • Like 16

Nice capture. I'm in West Somerset and have had only 3 clear nights in the last 9 months. Diabolical as you rightly say.  I tried the same capture as your with my MN190 but it didn't stay clear enough for long enough to get a result as good as yours. Well done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Nice capture. I'm in West Somerset and have had only 3 clear nights in the last 9 months. Diabolical as you rightly say.  I tried the same capture as your with my MN190 but it didn't stay clear enough for long enough to get a result as good as yours. Well done.

Thanks Roy.  I think I've only had 4 nights over the same timeframe, I don't bother hauling the rig out unless two clear nights are forecast in a row.  I had to dump nearly 4hrs of data from this set due to patchy cloud.  I think I need some faster scopes...  From the images I've seen on here the MN190 is a great scope for galaxies.

1 hour ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Thanks Roy.  I think I've only had 4 nights over the same timeframe, I don't bother hauling the rig out unless two clear nights are forecast in a row.  I had to dump nearly 4hrs of data from this set due to patchy cloud.  I think I need some faster scopes...  From the images I've seen on here the MN190 is a great scope for galaxies.

Ouch, 4hrs dumped. That's gotta hurt. Most of my images are taken between clouds, pressing the pause button until the next break appears !  Crazy isn't it.

Yes the MN190 is a great scope for everything.  The star quality of a refractor with the speed of a reflector. And covers full frame with no coma corrector or field flattener required. Should have got one years ago.

Good luck with the ongoing cloud war !

• Like 1