Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spring List

In my 7 or so years of observing I’ve never got organized enough to put together a seasonal List _before_ the season. Occasionally I’ve compiled a list more or less after the event, then forgotten it for the next year.

Now, thanks to @Stu’s latest session, I have already got a good list going. I want to add some PNs, a session for which I’ve never actually done.

See the screengrab below. What else should I add, and please share your list!

Cheers, Magnus

IMG_3757.thumb.png.d4bcee9179e5d27420cb8943d1bd8aeb.png

• Like 2

There is probably an actual medical diagnosis for this:

IMG_4935.thumb.png.29f662efb92a8f555d4ba73e2bd41e17.png

IMG_4936.thumb.png.12bd5803c8069818c959e81cb793c2f4.png

TBH I don’t find putting lists together very difficult. It is the actual making of progress observing them that eludes me 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is my observing list for March 24

W/C 4th - Clouds

W/C 11th - More Clouds

W/C 18th - Even More Clouds

W/C 25th - Take a Wild Guess..

🙄🙄

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

In my 7 or so years of observing I’ve never got organized enough to put together a seasonal List _before_ the season. Occasionally I’ve compiled a list more or less after the event, then forgotten it for the next year.

Now, thanks to @Stu’s latest session, I have already got a good list going. I want to add some PNs, a session for which I’ve never actually done.

Cheers, Magnus

Sorry for my rather flippant response to your very worthwhile plan..I think I'm suffering from "new scope" syndrome, whereby the act of acquiring a new scope immediately guarantees endless clouds for weeks to come! I've had my new Vixen for about a month, and have managed barely 2 hours outside with it, and most of that was getting it set up and fettled properly!

I'm actually quite optimistic by nature, but this year, (in fact since late October 23), I could literally count on both hands the number of nights with any chance to observe and half that for decent nights. 

I fear that our climate change is going to bring us even more cloud and wind going forward..lets hope I'm wrong!

And if I am right, it makes even more sense for us to plan carefully which targets to go for, as you are!👍

Dave

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Cheers, Magnus

You should definitely add M81 & M82 and M51 around Ursa Major  Magnus, but I'm sure you know that already...:smiley:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Sorry for my rather flippant response to your very worthwhile plan..I think I'm suffering from "new scope" syndrome, whereby the act of acquiring a new scope immediately guarantees endless clouds for weeks to come! I've had my new Vixen for about a month, and have managed barely 2 hours outside with it, …

Not at all Dave I too feel the same frustration for the same reasons.

1 hour ago, Saganite said:

You should definitely add M81 & M82 and M51 around Ursa Major  Magnus, but I'm sure you know that already...:smiley:

Thank you - yes they’re always on my list, some of the very few that I can always remember.

• Like 1