Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora imaged in North Cornwall 3-3-24

The Aurora timelapse from Delabole, North Cornwall yesterday evening. I had just missed the best of the Aurora by 20 minutes due to cloud obscuring the sky, so only managed to get the tail end of the show which was around 8.40pm looking at timestamps, but still a good one. Also included is the meteor image from my dslr last night. 

Included is the very first frame of the timelapse which was the best I had of the Aurora. 

Taken with Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8 3200 iso 10 sec exposures. In hind sight should of gone up to 13 secs exposures, which is the limit before startrails really start to pop in. 

Lee 

Aurora-3-3-24-Meteor.jpg

Aurora-3-3-24-best.jpg

• Like 8

Just now, FenlandPaul said:

Nicely done, Lee!! So glad you caught it. Just awesome that it could be seen so far south. What a treat. 👍

Thank you Paul, that's far to kind of you. Some further down the coast and lower down had some amazing images. I'm just delighted that's 3 Auroa events I've witnessed in the past year. 

Hope you get some soon. Keep up the fantastic videos and posts. You are inspiring me to get better. 

Lee 

• Like 1