NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

will this tripod work with the heq5 its the iopton

• Cornelius Varley changed the title to will this tripod work with the heq5 its the iopton
1 hour ago, cards47 said:

Omegon Stainless-Steel Tripod will this work with the heq5 its not the optron, its the Omegon Stainless-Steel Tripod....amazon has them

Do you have a link for it as i can't see it on Amazon 

I went to the offical amazon home link in the united states,and all I did was type in this         Omegon Stainless-Steel Tripod it sells for 193.00 it will be the white 1. I copied the link and pasted on my browser and it wasnt the same tripod,they only way that I could find it was going to the official amazon link in the UNITED STATES...thankyou.

According to the advert this is for the Vixen/EQ5 mount which means that it will be able to be used with the HEQ5 mount head. The securing bolt is M10 on both the EQ5 and HEQ5.

Although the website also says…

”Our expert comment:

The mount connector (type Vixen GP / Skywatcher EQ-5) varies greatly between different manufacturers, different models, or even different production batches of the same model. It is therefore not always guaranteed that the tripod will fit your mount.

(Elias Erdnüß)”

My bet is that a HEQ5 mount head would fit. However, you could also ask them. On the webpage there’s a link for “Product Questions”. Any decent supplier will reply. If they don’t then maybe best to avoid! 

If you want a tripod for a Heq5, why not just buy a Heq5 tripod? (maybe branded as something else in the USA?) They are available separately (new) in the UK, if not the USA, and you should be able to pick up a used tripod without much trouble - there is one on UK Ebay now.

• 2 weeks later...

I know they have tripods in the united Kindomi contacted Flo and they do have 1  I think the price if the tripod came out to 175.00 which isn't bad then I asked about shipping and vat taxes(value added taxes) would be around  180.00  and 175.00 for the price of the tripod...and then they could not quote me a price for the customs  charge...that's  why I am still looking here in the united stated....

The HEQ5 base is/was slightly smaller then the standard EQ5 base so in the past I could mount my HEQ5 on a standard EQ5 tripod but some EQ5 mounts could be a tight fit in a HEQ5 base. 

I have a an old HEQ5 pier adapter (no longer have the HEQ5) and tried to use the EQ5 adapter supplied with my ZWO AM5 extender, it would not fit in so I had to sand the adapter by a few millimetres to get it to fit.

Check with US suppliers to confirm that you can buy an EQ5 tripod and they should confirm it will be fine for your HEQ5. It makes no sense to try sourcing from abroad when a local seller should stock an EQ5 tripod.