NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharpless chain in Monoceros

gorann

Starting from top right is Sh2-275 (sometimes called the Rosette Nebula wink-1.png), then follows Sh2-280, Sh2-282, Sh2-283 and Sh2-284. I cannot find any designation for the rather faint Ha emitting structure down to the left.

A Samyang 135 image from 2nd February is the base to which I have added RASA8 data from current and previous projects in this area. IMX571 colour cameras and IDAS NBZ filter (dual band Ha+Oiii). Totally about 23 hours processed in PI and PS including the XT tools.

Cheers, Göran

20240201 Sh2-284 SY135 PS19smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.07.13.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 12

22 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Great stuff. I hadn't realized that so much was going on south of the Rosette. It seems there's a lot of OIII in Sh2-284.

Olly

Yes Olly, Sh2-284 is a rather overlooked beauty, like several other objects near the Rosette. A bit too much south for my imaging comfort at 60° N but it can be done this time of the year. Here is a closer look:

Edited by gorann

5 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Terrific image. There's a lot going on in that region. Nice to see it covered so well.

Thanks a lot MIchael! Yes, it is a region worth while aiming at, and this is the time of year to do it.