Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First (test) image from remote observatory - Heart Nebula

AstroGS

I am lucky to have the opportunity to have my imaging rig set at a remote observatory in Spain @PixelSkiesAstro and with the help of David and Michelle, to be able to learn on how to manage my rig from distance using NINA, PHD2, Voyager (there are still loads to learn here) and etc. I took my rig to Spain about 2 weeks ago and since then, trying to learn how to set things up but, the cool thing is that I am able to image almost every night (bar one night, due to clouds). Probably this is the best "upgrade" I have done so far!

The rig is based on:

• ZWO AM5
  • WO Redcat61
  • ZWO ASI2600MM
  • Antlia LRGB Pro + SHO 2.8mn filters
  • Pegasus Powerbox
  • OAG - L + ASI290MM
  • ZWO EAF
  • Mini PC, APC UPS, ASI178MM + all-sky camera

Although the moon was high and over 70% full every night, I used this time to learn how to use software and test that everything was working as expected. I am coming from AsiAir and the transition to NINA and etc, was fast but, not without its challenges.

Here is the first image, moon was around 80% and I managed to get:

Ha: 23 x 300sec

SII: 25 x 300sec

OIII: 25 x 300sec

+ flats, darks and bias

Integrated and processed with PI, used the Xterminator suite + Foraxx. What I am really happy with, is the level of detail with just 6 hrs of data.

Heart Nebula final.jpg

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, mareman48 said:

Nice pic, would be interesting to learn about your work Flow

Pat

Pat - this was a lazy and quite fast processing via PI as, I was eager to see the result rather than focusing to make it look nice!

Star alignement > Cropping > GraXpert > BlurXT > NoiseXT > StarXT > GHS for each Ha/SII/OIII and for the stars > created a Lum from the Ha > sharpen the Lum > Foraxx 3 channel  integration > played a bit with curves to darken a bit the background > added the Lum frame via LRGB combination > added stars.

Edited by AstroGS