SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Barns, barns...updated

...under Orion near Thwaite in Swaledale.  In the 'suckers gap' of a clear hour after a cold front passed through.  Windy as...

Colour images are an 8s single frame.  Illumination from nearby farmyard. PS.  Which do you prefer?

Mono is several sky and light painted foregrounds.  LR, Sequator and PS.

Canon R8 and Sigma 24mm. 

Cheers, Paul.

Thwaite Barn 20.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

Thwaite Barn 10 (1).jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
Improved colour image?
  • Like 18

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Barns, barns...updated

Hi Paul,

I prefer colour astrolandscapes in most cases and these fall into that category. I do quite like mono deep sky but that's about it. For me, colour gives a greater sense of presence in the landscape and also helps bring out different parts of the image that blend into one with mono.

Of the two colour images I prefer the less saturated one as the stone looks more like I imagine it to be.

Did you have to tone down the light from the farm to prevent it overpowering the barn ?

Lovely stuff as usual,

Dave.

• Like 1

Thank you @davew the light from the farm was a tad bright.  The main problem was the direction, it flattened the barn shape.  Just enough variation to enhance the angles and give the building some form.

Colour version attached.  Cheers,  Paul.

Thwaite Barn 10.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 2

Very nice, Paul. Top one for my taste - I think colour suits Orion because it’s got so much variety in it. Always love seeing your locations, which I look upon with more than a little envy!! 

• Like 1