Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking for help with dual rig setup

Hi all,

I have a dual rig set up in my observatory which is controlled using NINA. I have 2 Pegasus PPB advance units (one for each scope for power distribution and USB 3 connectivity).

If I power them both up and start NINA when I attempt to connect it fails and tells me to choose one. The problem is there is nowhere to actually choose. In the dropdown I see PPB advance but only one instance. 

I know I need to open two instances of NINA to get this to work properly. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how they got around it.

In the Pegasus Unity software, does it show the two boxes there..? If so then you need to pick the item from the drop down list, in each instance of NINA,  then click the gear icon on that same tab, and choose the correct box from the Unity icon that pops up in NINA

3 minutes ago, Crispy5573 said:

Yes the unity software does show both boxes, I'll try that with the gear icon thanks Stuart.

So best to give each of your boxes a unique name in the configuration in Unity, then you know which is which…👍🏻

Thanks Stuart that worked. After freezing for an hour I've come in smiling. The boxes have different serial numbers on the tabs but it would be better probably to name them after the scope they are controlling. All I need now is some clear sky, any advice on how to get that :)

Thanks again much appreciated.

• Like 1

Great glad you sorted it…yes best to give individual names, although when you hit connect after the first time it may well remember and connect automatically anyway from now on…

Very Nice set up there, what mount is that…?

2 hours ago, Crispy5573 said:

It's a JTW Trident 75. Very like a Mesu friction drive .

Ah, yes, I see it now, what threw me was the colour as it looks black in the image, and I know they are blue in colour….👍🏻