Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Daylight Moon - 23% Waxing Phase

Mandy D

22 minutes ago, John_D said:

Is that a single exposure?

I like the way that the moon looks to be passing between the two trails 😁

Yes, it was just the first frame I shot to test for exposure and focus. I got lucky.

I wondered if anyone would notice that one trail appears to pass behnd the Moon. I should have called it "Schrödinger's Moon". I reckon this photo would have the Flerfers in a tizzy as they like to see trails that appear to pass behind the Moon so they can claim it is local. Let's see them try to puzzle this one out!! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 21/01/2024 at 01:24, Steve Ward said:

Lovely capture there ... :icon_salut:

So sorry to see that the image attracted so many idiots over on FB ... :hmh:

Thank you.

Of course, they have offered an explanation for the two trails, saying that they were caused by two separate aircraft; one flying in front of the Moon, the other behind. I have reported the theft of my image to FB, but I doubt any action will be taken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Oh dear, I was just about to make the same joke. :) 

It’s a good image though. Interesting. 

I'm glad you like my image.

The Flerfers are very tedious and have been reported as I noted above. I totally agree that, at first glance, the lower trail appears to pass behind the Moon, but if we look closely, it is possible to see a faint trace of it crossing the maria. Of course, flerfers will fail to see anything that contradicts their world view.

Sure they’re not just winding you up? Sorry, I don’t “do” FB or X or any of the big anti-social media platforms. So, I am joyfully ignorant of what goes on. 

3 minutes ago, Mandy D said:

@Ouroboros I'm not on FB, so they are definitely not winding me up. Whether it is a wind-up is open to debate. The only reason the post has been reported is due to copyright infringement of my image.

Oh, sorry. I’ve obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I’ll shut up and go away. Nice image. Nuff said. 

• Like 1