NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Evoguide, EvoFF, IC410

JonHigh

Hi all. Another project of mine that’s been simmering in the background since I modified the SkyMax150 for DSO AP. Repurposing my rather excellent guidescope!
I decided to pull the trigger a Starizona Evo clamshell and an EvoFF v2 for my EvoGuide50. Looked at the forecast, clear for the second night running!!!! Whoa! 

After some time setting the whole thing up from scratch I got it all working! Then the blasted clouds rolled in!!! So I only managed to get 21 x3mins subs in. I’m quite happy to say the results weren’t half bad for a first attempt at my wide field setup! Yes. The dodgy DIY dew shields actually worked. 😂 

IMG_1619.jpeg

IC410 Flaming Star Nebula.jpeg

• Like 6

Very well done. I also have a EVOGuide but with SW Field Flattener, but I think in short I should have gone for Starizona FF instead,

I am still scratching my head thinking of using a 1.25" T mount  adaptor on my Svbong IMX294 DSO cooled camera to see if I can get it to focus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Backyardscope said:

Very well done. I also have a EVOGuide but with SW Field Flattener, but I think in short I should have gone for Starizona FF instead,

I am still scratching my head thinking of using a 1.25" T mount  adaptor on my Svbong IMX294 DSO cooled camera to see if I can get it to focus.

Thanks. Yup, I had the SW FF that came as a deal kit when I bought the scope but never used it so sold it in favour of the EvoFF. Primarily because I couldn’t add filters due to the tight back focus requirements. I was surprised at the amount of vignetting the EvoFF produced on my APS size sensor but the calibration frames and background extraction made light work of it! 
The EvoFF has a T2 thread which makes adding extension tubes etc very easy. Shame the Evoguide doesn’t have a compression ring just three screw to hold everything in place! 
Re the clamshell. - lovely piece of kit and Starizona were great. Shipped from the US to the UK in 3days! I didn’t want to use the standard mount that came with it as I wanted it to a true to the mount as possible without it being off centre. Maybe my OCD takes over sometimes!! 😂

Edited by JonHigh

20 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I adapted the original rings that came with my 50ED

spacer.png

Hi Happy-Kat. And if The Lazy Astronomer sees this post. 
Just wanted to thank you for your help in December re EvoFF. I’m very pleased with the results it produced! 👍🏻

Edited by JonHigh
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...