Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hard case storage for 127 Mak

Posted (edited)

I have the Bresser also so I hope so 

what’s your thoughts on the Bresser be good to link in with a fellow user as there’s not many of us have them over the smaller SW version 

Edited by Beardy30

I have the MAX465H220 Trifibre for my Sky-Watcher 127 Mak. As Laurence mentioned it’s very heavy (for its size) and not cheap (plus the foam is an extra-cost option). But it is very rugged and high quality. I sense it could be thrown down the stairs ten times and the stairs and walls would look the more worse for wear than the box! Overall, I might have been equally happy with a cheaper and lighter case - like the one I use for the StarTravel 102 - because I mainly use the cases for quick and easy access to my gear when at home, rather than fiddling around with multiple cardboard boxes and packing. 
https://www.trifibre.co.uk/product/max465h220/

But if you’re after something that could withstand rough handling for a century or two then the Trifibre MAX cases are very good value. 

I went for the smaller 465mm version as I keep my shared RACI and diagonals in my eyepieces case. 

9A62BFAC-54E3-4ACD-A34F-F61D6D80674F.thumb.jpeg.c02b5831f9b0071a97e47d696b82c552.jpegF6575A0C-63A7-4D12-983E-229CAFA4C37D.thumb.jpeg.733807091a762c2756a81dae3330cdc3.jpeg

Edited by Jules Tohpipi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beardy30 said:

I’ve gone for a hard flight case for the 102 , just need something for the breaded 127 Mak now that doesn’t break the bank

A breaded 127 Mak, sounds delicious........

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2024 at 19:13, Beardy30 said:

I have the Bresser also so I hope so 

what’s your thoughts on the Bresser be good to link in with a fellow user as there’s not many of us have them over the smaller SW version 

I only got the Bresser 127 in September and with terrible weather and other commitments I think I have had about an hour observing with it. Spent that on Jupiter and Saturn and very impressed. Hoping for a lot more time with it this year.  I have added a Rigel finder which is a massive improvement on the Red dot. I am interested in some of the changes made in this thread - 

If it has a weakness I think it is the focuser, so might look to make some of the changes detailed here. Although I would not be anywhere near as confident as @johninderby

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 14:52, Zermelo said:

Thanks for this discussion, it led to me buying this one:

Wow, that looks remarkable value at only £39.99 in the sale. Especially considering it's a roller case. Excellent spot!