Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NCG2174 - Monkey Head Nebula

irtuk

Hello everyone. Weather has been awful and  my motivation has been a bit off with other projects, sadly mainly work but I have managed to scrape enough photons from the clouds to process this NCG2174, the Monkey head nebula

Narrowband HA/O3/S2 25 minutes each, 10x150s subs, guided, capture with NINA, Sky Watcher ED80 on a pier mount NEQ6.

Mainly processed in PixInsight, some learnings on this one, Narrowband subs needed pedestals to get them to process via Weighted Batch Pre-Processor (although this final image i did by hand). Lots of stuff to recall from last season because I had forgotten how to make Pixinsight do much other than beep at me in irritation!

Got to confess as well, eldest daughter worked on the stars at the end in Photoshop. I think she dropped a B/W layer on then painted the nebula back in. Not sure how I feel about that! Seems to be a bit cheaty if you ask me!

Anyhow, its a nice enough image. until you look at all the others :)

All the best to everyone with pier mounted gear but no dome tonight. Its blowing an absolute gale out there.

Ed.

V1copy.jpg.1a90bf60d0b7a40c5ce55381c5a223e6.jpg