Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Mice - NGC 4676. Not very good

Parallax

This was a bit of an experiment. As these critters are so small I added the lens element of the (cheap) SW 2x barlow to the camera's nosepiece to increse the image scale. This gave a focal ratio of ~F7.5. However, this magnified my tracking problems as you can see. I have got some more kit on the way (thanks Ron) which may help the situation and also allow me to take longer exopsures.

Subs: 12 x 300s

Image: Explorer 200, Atik 16 ic-s

Guide: ST80, PHD

Process: DSS, PSCS

Steve

post-14051-133877369494_thumb.jpg

Nice result for this very small pair shows detail and variation in tail too so well done as not many bother with this facinating collision. Animation of your image below. JohnH.

Thanks everyone. My setup is almost complete now, so I will defo have another go at these pair in due course.

That's very nice Steve, I like these colliding/interacting galaxy shots. Are you going to try the Antenna galaxies, I guess they're pretty low though?

Cheers,

Rich.

I had a calendar for christmas, and this month's (April) picture is of the Antennae Galaxies. I would love to get a shot of these also, but, as you say, they are too low.

Steve

Archived